Late-Breaking Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Each abstract will be peer reviewed for (a) scientific content, (b) the scientific merit of the research, and (c) adherence to standard formatting rules followed by the Society. The decision to accept or reject an abstract rests with the scientific program organizers.
- Product advertisements are not appropriate for presentation. The ISBER Program Committee reviews the abstract content and ISBER reserves the right to exclude abstracts that promote commercial interests inappropriately or are viewed as unethical in content. If you are interested in promoting a new product, please review the 2021 Corporate Opportunities Guide.
- Complete late-breaking abstracts must be submitted online no later than 11:59PM Eastern Time on Sunday, March 22, 2021. No changes can be made to abstract content or authors after the submission deadline.
- All abstracts must be submitted online. Faxed, emailed, or mailed abstracts are not acceptable.
- Each author may submit a maximum of two abstracts.
- Once an abstract is accepted, additional authors cannot be added.
- The presenting author should be the primary contact (or corresponding author).
- Notification of acceptance or rejection and all future correspondence will be emailed to the presenter from the ISBER Head Office by mid-April 2021.
All communications will be sent to the contact author.
- ISBER reserves the right to withdraw a presentation at any time.
- Accepted abstracts will be available online and will be published exactly as submitted. Please proofread your abstract, as any errors, misspellings, etc. will not be edited after the submission deadline.
- The presenting author is expected to register and attend the ISBER Meeting and present the abstract at the assigned time period to discuss the study and to answer questions. Those presenting abstracts will be responsible for their own travel and meeting expenses. If the presenting author is unable to attend the ISBER Annual Meeting and present the abstract, every effort should be made to arrange for one of the other authors to present the poster. ISBER staff (email@example.com) must be notified of any change in presenters.
- Please note: presenting authors must register for the ISBER 2015 Annual Meeting. Authors requiring more time to secure approvals for funding may still register by that deadline by selecting the ‘bill me’ option.
Abstract Submission Formatting Guidelines
- Language: The abstract must be written in English. Note that all submissions should be edited to ensure a clear and structured submission.
- Presentation Format: All late-breaking abstracts will be presented as posters.
- Word Count: The word limit for abstract submission is 2500 characters including spaces. The submission title is not included in this count.
- Title: Title must be initial caps throughout. Example: Human Repositories and Specimen Collection in China
- Abstract: Abstracts must be 2500 characters or less (including spaces) and the following fields are required: background/information, methods, results, and conclusions. Figures and tables are NOT permitted in the abstract.
- Confirmation: When you finish submitting your abstract, you will receive a confirmation screen verifying your submission and assigning a tracking number to your abstract. Please save your tracking number. It will serve as your identification number for corrections, scheduling, and notification.
- Corrections: If you have changes to your abstract please log in to the abstract site as a returning user. You will be able to edit your submitted abstracts until January 9, 2021. DO NOT CREATE A NEW SUBMISSION.